AUTONOMOUS MOBILE ROBOTS
The integration of autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) requieres a detailed study of the tasks to be automated to offer an optimal vehicle fleet.
The development process of an AMRs project includes the following steps:
- Data collection of the operations to be carried out: distances, frequency of movements, maximum load, cart format, type of floor, etc.
- Calculation of number of robots.
- Offer presentation. Solution with the robot models, accessories, mechanics and electronics of the upper part of the robots and integration with the management system (ERP) if requested.
- Customer demo to show their potential and operability in the project’s manufacturing environment.
- Simulation of number of robots and application.
- Acceptance of the project.
- Design of the upper part of the robots and interaction with the fixed part of the machine, parametrization and programming of the vehicles and communication with the factory management system.
- Start-up, support and staff training.
With the largest installation in the world, OMRON mobile robots are used in thousands of applications in various industries: automotive, food, pharmaceutical and digital companies, among others. Possible applications include replenishment of inventory alongside the production line, moving flow racks, transporting work-in-process between different stages of production, and moving finished products to the warehouse.